WELCOME

To share the creative spark so it might one day see the light.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sea Breeze




           Just thought I would share a recently finished Art Quilt framed blocks. This is Sea Breeze designed by Mckenna Ryan. This is the first raw edge quilt I have done and I said  half way through it that it would be my last. The coral was a pain in the neck but by the time I finished it, it was worth it. I think the problem was instead of using invisible thread I used a matching thread, result was worth it though.
The Snooty Sisters
The Nerdles

Tweedle Dee
The Doodles
Tootsie and Rumples
Koo Koo Puff
Twinkletoes
Angel Fish    
The Clampets
All together

No I'm not that bad at photography, the wall is on a slant not quite 45 degrees.

                  There was only one major change I made (and I hope Mckenna Ryan doesnt mind), was the Angel fish, it was supposed to be a Mahi Mahi (dolphin fish). I didnt like its shape so I transformed it but still used the same fabrics. That is a major plus for Mckenna Ryans kits is that you get excess material also good if you cut something wrong mmmmm nothing major but a few star fish looked better recut.
                   Each block was cut at 12 inches and then stretched over 9 inch wooden frames. It was an easy process but you could join each block together to make a quilt top. I choose the frames as it was easier to mount on one of the bedroom walls, as you can see, it would not have worked too well as a quilt.
                  I hope you enjoyed the photos and did you see all the sequins and beads???
Have a great week :-)

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good, I love it. It was worth all the effort.

    ReplyDelete